Monday, January 28, 2013

The Artist

I must tell you my deepest secret,
I am an artist who likes to paint;
Using love as my brush,
What you call life as my canvas.
What colors I mix? It does not matter,
As long as it have a good texture;
To add some to it a good character.



I create something that is in my heart,
Making it warm and somewhat bright;
Sometimes I like some shading,
Other times I add some lighting;
Stroking love erasing pain,
Using colors like happiness,
Avoiding hatred and selfishness.


Where ever my mind goes, my hand follows,
My heart is in charge it knows.
I touch, I feel, and I smell the paint,
Using my senses to create;
Getting lost at the moment,
Not knowing what will happen next.
Color theory? Sometimes I use,
But other times I skip all the rules.



So go ahead and give me the empty canvas,
That will take my talent Just the way I am.
I am a great artist, but I am not perfect,
I am creative and  very passionate;
I am not common, I am different.
Don’t try to change the way I paint,
Just accept and take me with all my talent.



If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge  and if I have faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I am nothing. 1 Corinthians 13: 1-3

 Paintings by : Angelina Cordinez, Megan Duncanson, Elizbeth Weber, Billie Colson

No comments:

Post a Comment