Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Flower

I don't know if it was an accident, Or if it is a destiny
I don't know if it was a dream or reality
I don't know how I found you, or is it you who found me? 
May be you walked through a flame of fire and you cut through the forest,
I might have crossed the river and flew from a different content;
Somehow and some way, 
You came in to my life one day.



You walked  in to  my heart unexpected,
It was very calm and uninterrupted;
When I looked up I saw us holding hands,
I turned around and I was under your arms.
I didn't have to ask who you are,
Or did I need to know where you were.


My soul felt at home when I looked through your eyes,
I was in peace when you whispered through my ears.
The warmth of your hands reminded me of my favorite season,
When you hugged me I felt protected beyond reason;
I longed for days I see you face to face.
When I finally saw you I wished the hours would never end,
I hope there will be many more days to come my beloved.





I want us to grow like two flowers next to each other,
Blooming each day feeding their cents to one another;
I will be your water and you will be my sun,
We will cry together when we need the rain.
I will take out any weeds that is keeping you from growing,
And I hope you return my love by taking out mine.

"Come my beloved let us go forth to the field; let us lodge in the villages. Let us get up early to the vineyards; let us see if the vine has budded, whether the grape blossoms are open, and the pomegranates are in bloom. There I will give you my love. The mandrakes give of fragrance  and at our gates are pleasant fruits, all manner, new and old which I have laid up for you, my beloved." Song of Solomon 7: 11-13

Credit: Paintings by Bereket Mamo  www.bereketdecor.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment